This kinda made my day….
“At the Obama inauguration party Lupe Fiasco opened his set with his 2011 single “Words I never Said,” in which he criticizes Obama for the president’s silence after the bombing of the Gaza strip. He rapped the song over and over again for more than 20 minutes. “Limbaugh is a racist, Glenn is a racist, Gaza strip was getting bombed, Obama didn’t say s—,” he continually rhymed.
After a staff member approached the performer to ask him to change songs, the rapper continued with his lyrics and his mic got cut, the lights were dimmed, but his band played on and so did he. When Lupe Fiasco refused to stop, several bouncers confronted the rapper with their backs turned to the audience. He was eventually forced to leave the stage to the outrage of much of the audience“.
“I’m talking about ordering a drone attack,” Fiasco said. “Ordering drone attacks that go and kill mothers, innocent bystanders, children. Militants too, but the collateral damage. You’re responsible for that, too.”
- Lupe Fiasco finally does something worth writing about (deathandtaxesmag.com)
- Rapper Lupe Fiasco thrown out of inaugural party after criticizing Obama during performance (rawstory.com)
- Lupe Fiasco Causes One, Calls Out Obama at Pre-Inaugural Concert (reason.com)
- Reports: Rapper Lupe Fiasco Escorted Off Stage During Anti-Obama Rant at D.C. Concert (foxcharlotte.com)
- Rapper Lupe Fiasco kicked off stage at inaugural concert (newsfixnow.com)